Sunday, May 1, 2011

Getting ready to set sail

We hauled Kilkea out of the water on Thursday and found only the propeller was fouled so we cleaned that and as the bottom was clean and had lots of paint left on we relaunched and went back to the dock. Friday through Sunday were wet and windy as part of a cyclone blew by. Now is Monday and the sun is making a reappearance with the temp around 20C so pretty good. There are probably 60 yachts waiting for the weather to be right for their journeys north. It will be interesting when everyone leaves as we all are waiting for the same weather. It looks like Friday may work but we will wait a couple more days before making a decision on that. Otherwise all is well the boat is provisioned!! We have enough food and stuff on board to last a long long time!! It seems every time you do a passage you end up going back to the stores and buying more and more until you almost need to repaint the water line.